At Stryde, we strive to connect with all facets of our digital marketing community. Accordingly, we’ve compiled a list of who we consider to be the Top 50 Content Marketing experts. To compile this list, we used things like Twitter followers, frequency and quality of interactions in the social realm, breadth and depth of experience, as well as impact on the industry as a whole. By no means is this list exhaustive and it is listed in alphabetical order. Also, you’ll probably want to find these experts on Twitter. Click on the link names in each experts description, or save the time and subscribe our Top 50 Content Marketers list on Twitter. In the coming weeks we’ll also have posts of the Top 50 Social Media and SEO Experts, so stay tuned!
1. Adele Revela, President at The Buyer Persona InstituteFor over 25 years, Adele Revella has helped marketers become trusted sources of competitive strategies. As the president of The Buyer Persona Institute, Revella leads practical workshops that dig into real-world business issues. She also spreads the word of using buyer personas to influence all marketing decisions.
2. Ahava Leibtag, President at Aha Media GroupAhava Leitbag has more than 15 years of experience in writing, messaging, and marketing. In addition, she authored the popular blog Online it ALL Matters, which focused on the healthcare and higher education industries.
3. Amanda Maksymiw, Content Marketing Manager at Lattice EnginesAs content marketing manager, Amanda Maksymiw is responsible for setting and managing Lattice Engine’s content marketing strategy including creating, producing, and publishing engaging content. Maksymiw has also been crowned “Content Marketing Tactician of the Year” in 2012.
4. Andy Crestodina, Co-Founder and Strategic Director at Orbit Media SolutionsAndy Crestodina has authored almost 200 articles on content marketing topics ranging from SEO to social media. With 12 years of experience, Crestodina says the reason he loves web design and web marketing is that it’s both an art and a science.
5. Angie Schottmuller; Inbound Marketing Advisor and Speaker at Three Deep MarketingAngie Schottmuller has more than 13 years’ experience in multi-channel B2B and B2C in both agency and corporation settings. Recently, she defined the Online Marketing university curriculum for The Art Institutes. Schottmuller is also is an active contributor on Search Engine Watch.
6. Ann Handley, CCO at MarketingProfsAnn Handley has been recognized by ForbesWoman as one of the top 20 women bloggers, as well as one of the most influential women in social media. Her impressive resume does not end there, Handley also co-founded ClickZ.com and is a best selling author of the book Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage and Ignite Your Business.
7. Arnie Kuenn, CEO at Vertical MeasuresNot only is Arnie Kuenn the CEO of Vertical Measures, he is also the author of Accelerate! Moving your Business Forward Through the Convergence of Search, Social, and Content Marketing. For more than 20 years, Kueenn has held executive positions in the world of new technologies and marketing.
8. Barry Feldman, CEO at Feldman Creative
Barry Feldman’s firm Feldman Creative provides its clients with content marketing strategies that are unique and results driven. Barry has been named a Top 40 Digital Strategist by the Online Marketing Institute and as one of the 25 Social Media Marketing Experts You Need to Know by Linkedin.
9. Barry Graubart, Vice President of Product Strategy at Connotate
In addition to his work at Connotate, Barry Graubart operates Content Matters, which specializes in Digital Content Strategies. Graubart has over two decades of experience in content marketing and technology, and has led the development and marketing of countless subscription services.
10. Bernie Borges, Founder and CEO at Find and Convert
Bernie Borges leads Find and Convert strategy and provides inspiration to not only teammates, but also clients. Not satisfied with one job to do, Borges is an author, speaker, digital TV show and podcast host.
11. Brian Clark, Founder and CEO at Copyblogger Media
A self described serial entrepreneur, Brian Clark had built three successful service businesses utilizing online marketing skills before he moved to a completely online business model. Thus, Copyblogger Media was born. It is an innovative company that provides the tools needed to successfully grow businesses through social media and online marketing.
12. Chanse Arrington, Head of Developer and Content Marketing at Nokia
Chanse Arrington specializes in strategy and marketing of mobile technologies, web services, consumer experiences, app development and new products. He also is the creator of DVLUP, a service that helps developers become more successful by participating in various “app challenges.”
13. Dayna Rothman, Senior Content Marketing Manager at Marketo
Danya Rothman runs Marketo’s content initiatives and also acts as the managing editor of Marketo’s blog. Not only does she have extensive experience in content marketing, but also in social media, marketing automation, and inbound marketing.
14. Doug Kessler, Co-Founder and Creative Director at Velocity
Velocity touts itself as the “B2B marketing agency to the stars” and with content marketing junkie Doug Kessler as creative director, it is sitting comfortably in this position. Kessler is a copywriter as his core, but also enjoys analytics.
15. Francine Hardaway, Co-Founder at Stealthmode Partners
A true pioneer in email and internet use, Francene Hardaway is also a serial entrepreneur who counsels and invests in start-up entrepreneurs at Stealthmode Partners.
16. Guillaume Decugis, Co-Founder and CEO at Scoop.it!
Guillaume Decugis is a Stanford educated entrepreneur with an action side. Scoop.it! keeps him busy, but in his free time he’s an avid video gamer and skier. Decugis also grew Musiwave, a pioneer in mobile music, to worldwide operations before it was acquired by Microsoft.
17. Heidi Cohen, Chief Content Officer at Heidi Cohen’s Actionable Marketing Guide
At the young age of 8, Heidi Cohen knew she wanted to be an author. Fast forward to today, Cohen has built incredibly deep knowledge of cutting edge marketing across very diverse product categories. She also sends out a daily actionable marketing post email newsletter 5 days a week for free.
18. Jesse Noyes, Senior Director of Content Marketing at Kapost
Jesse Noyes is no newbie to the content marketing game. Before joining the Kapost team, he was Director of Content Marketing for Offerpop. A Boston native, he began at the Boston Herald and then began reporting for the Boston Business Journal.
19. Joe Chernov, Vice President of Content at HubSpot
Joe Chernov has been graced with the title of “Content Marketer of the Year” and if you’re aware at all of content marketing, he’s probably not a new name to you. He runs the content marketing team at HubSpot and writes for Mashable and the Content Marketing Institute.
20. Joe Pulizzi, Founder of Content Marketing Institute
You can argue that we use the word “content marketing” because of Joe Pulizzi. He started using the term in 2001 and founded the leading content marketing education resource for enterprise brands, the Content Marketing Institute (CMI). CMI was recognized by Inc. Magazine as the fastest growing business media company in 2013.
21. John Miller, Founder of ScribewisePro
John Miller has worked in the marketing and media realm for more than two decades. In 2012, he saw the need of content creation and Scribewise was born. Essentially, he has built an outsourced newsroom for numerous organizations.
22. Jonah Peretti, Founder and CEO at Buzzfeed
After co-founding the Huffington Post, Jonah Peretti launched Buzzfeed in 2006 and subsequently showed how meaningful share-able content can be. Buzzfeed blazed the trail of social content marketing to build share-able campaigns for the world’s leading brands.
23. Kane Jamison, Founder of Content Harmony
Kane Jamison learned HTML a whopping 18 years ago and began managing websites and content creation in 9 years ago. When Content Harmony was founded in 2012, Jamison and his team have sinced focused on SEO through better content and data-based content strategy.
24. Kevin Baldacci, Product Marketing Manager at Desk.com
As the Product Marketing Manager of Desk.com, Kevin Baldacci is responsible for content creation of the firms products. He can also be found tweeting for Baldacci Family Vineyards and writing content for Desk.com’s blog.
25. Kim Yuhl, Founder of Kimberly Yuhl Media Works
Take a look at Kim Yuhl’s “About Me” on her website, and you’ll find that she has unique and widespread insight on marketing for small business. Kim strives to create a place where “mom and pop kind” of small business owners can get real, practical advice.
26. Lauri Baker, Vice President of Brand Strategy and Sales at The Huffington Post
Lauri Baker has over 15 years of experience in marketing and advertising. Her innovative approach helps brands define, redefine, and market their brands. Before becoming VP, Baker was the Sales Director of Branded Content and acknowledged by Newscred as one of the 50 Most Influential Content Marketers.
27. Lisa Buyer, President and CEO at The Buyer Group
Lisa Buyer has over 20 years of experience in social PR, SEO, social media, branding and digital marketing. Her book, Social PR Secrets, empowers marketing and public relations professionals to successfully utilize the social and digital tools to promote their brands.
28. Marcus Sheridan, Writer, Consultant, and Speaker at The Sales Lion
To say that Marcus Sheridan has a variety of experience would be an understatement. You’ve most likely heard of the incredible inbound marketing success of his swimming pool company, River Pools and Spas. Sheridan’s entertaining yet educational style has lead him to become a highly sought after speaker.
29. Maria Pergolino, Vice President of Marketing at Apttus
Before joining Apttus, Maria Pergolino was a key leader and early member of the Marketo Marketing Team. She has extensive expertise in marketing automation, campaign optimization, inbound and social media marketing.
30. Michael Aagaard, Founder and Owner of Content Verve
Michael Aagaard takes Online Marketing and Conversion Rate Optimization very seriously. Over the past five years, he logged over 15,600 hours testing and optimizing sites. Aagaard has worked with B2B and B2C firms in industries ranging from travel insurance to charities.
31. Michael Brenner, Vice President of Global Marketing at SAP
Not only does Michael Brenner have nearly 20 years of experience serving a multitude of industries, he strongly believes in the power of a customer-centric culture and creating highly engaged employees. Michael also serves as the managing editor of SAP’s Business Innovation blog and contributes to Forbes AdVoice and the Economist.
32. Michael Stoner, Co-Founder and President of mStoner Inc.
Michael Stoner has some of the most extensive experience of any content expert on our list, at nearly 30 years. This does not mean he’s stuck in the past, he works tirelessly to stay ahead of marketing, social media, mobile, and online trends. His firm, mStoner, focuses on serving education institutions with effective strategies and tactics to get real results.
33. Michele Linn, Director of Content at Content Marketing Institue
Michele Linn spends her time as the Director of Content for CMI as well as heading her own content strategy firm, Linn Communications. Linn’s overarching goal with Linn Communications is to help B2B companies develop content strategies to connect with the ideal business customer through websites and content.
34. Murray Newlands, Author, Entrepreneur, and Speaker
An Internet marketing expert, blogger, adviser, teacher, and author, Murray Newlands wears many hats. This former lawyer has worked with the internet marketing industries leading agencies, advertisers, and networks.
35. Neal Schaffer, Author, Social Media Strategy & Social Business Coach, Consultant, Trainer & Speaker
Neal Schaffer has the honor of being listed on the Forbes Top 50 Social Media Power Influencer for two years in a row. He has also created the leading social media business blog, Maximize social business. When he’s not authoring acclaimed social media books, he’s traveling the world as a social media speaker.
36. Neil Ferree, Founder and President of FerreeMoney
While others on this list wear many hats, Neil Ferree has one focused mission: Monetizing Social Media Marketing. He uses tested and proven social media tools, apps, sites, and processes to maximize and monetize his clients social campaigns.
37. Nick Kellet, Co-Founder of List.ly
Nick Kellet describes himself as an ideas guy and innovator. Judging by the success of List.ly, he is clearly blazing trails. Constantly putting his entrepreneurial skills to use, Kellet has also created GiftTRAP and AnswerSets.
38. Pam Didner, Global Integrated Marketing Strategist at Intel
When she’s not acting as the Global Integrated Marketing Manager for Intel, Pam Didner is a professional business speaker and guest blogger for BtoB Magazine, CMI, and the Huffington Post. She was selected as one of BtoB’s Top Digital Marketers in 2011 and 2012 and was named one of the “Top 50 Content Marketers” in 2011.
39. Paul Roetzer, Founder and CEO at PR 20/20
40. Pawan Deshpande, Founder and CEO at Curata
Pawan Deshpande is responsible for Curata’s vision, management, and advanced development initiatives. This would keep an average person in over their heads, but Deshpande finds time to blog for Content Curation Marketing, CMI, CMO.com, Forbes, Marketingprofs, and numerous other publications.
41. Phil Buckley, Owner of 1918 Internet Services
Since the late 1990’s, Phil Buckley has been working on everything from early web development to system administration. A decade ago, he discovered his passion for online marketing and since then has worked for multi-million dollar e-commerce websites, advertising agencies, and small SEO agencies.
42. Phil Paranicas, Director of New Product Development at ThomasNet
ThomasNet is a free platform designed for sourcing components, equipment, MRO products, raw materials, and custom manufacturing services. While that may sound like the furthest thing from content marketing, Phil Paranicas was named the Top Digital Marketing Strategist by the Online Marketing Institute in February 2014.
43. Rafat Ali, Founder and CEO at Skift
What started as a travel news and information site, Skift raised over $1 million in funding before it began. Rafat Ali plans on turning the site into a hub for content and commerce.
44. Rich Schwerin, Director of Social Content Strategy at Oracle
As a resident of the San Francisco Bay Area, Rich Schwerin spends his work time focused on brand communications and digital content strategies. Schwerin also moonlights as a writer, editor, and broadcaster.
45. Robert Rose, Chief Strategist at Content Marketing Institute
Robert Rose leads the client advisory, education, and technology practices for the Content Marketing Institute. A world renowned expert in content marketing strategy, Rose has helped large companies like AT&T, KPMG, PTC, Petco, and Nissan tell their stories.
46. Ross Hudgens, Founder of Siege Media
Siege Media specializes in developing, promoting, and maintaining content. Ross Hudgens has worked with the smallest and biggest business in the world implementing and executing effective SEO strategies that produce real results.
47. Russell Sparkman, CEO Content Strategy at FusionSpark Media
Russell Sparkman describes himself as a “content craftsman” and has over a decade of experience in Content Marketing Strategy and Content Development.
48. Scott Abel, Founder of The Content Wrangler
Scott Abel not only a content management strategist, but also a social media choreographer. Abel helps organizations improve all aspects of their content, from authoring all the way to archiving.
49. Simon Penson, Founder of Zazzle Media
Online marketing is not Simon Penson’s first love, he spent ten years in print media as a journalist and national magazine editor. Now he heads Zazzle Media, a content-led digital marketing agency based in the UK.