organic reach continuing to plummet, businesses are on the hunt for better ways to reach consumers through social media platforms. Enter Instagram. Instagram has enjoyed astronomical growth over the past several years. In fact, the mobile app’s year-over-year growth from 2013 to 2014 comes in at a staggering 66%. Furthermore, Instagram’s average engagement rate is 15 times higher than that of Facebook! Users are 58 times more likely to engage with a brand’s post on Instagram than engaging with the same content through Facebook. Instagram is truly an engagement incubator. Salesfoce Canada recently released an awesome infographic on Instagram’s basics. Check it out below and start to realize how brands can start telling their own stories and increase awareness through the platform. Click To Enlarge Via Salesforce As we alluded to before the graphic, brands need to understand the landscape of the platform and elements of a successful strategy before they begin to represent themselves via Instagram. Here are our favorite takeaways from the infographic.
Businesses & Instagram Do’s
Make Your Brand Instantly Recognizable
- Your brand should be clear and identifiable.
- When posts don’t include your products, make sure they include your logo.
- Link to your company’s website from your profile page.
Post Quality Photos, Regularly
- Decide on a flexible, but consistent, posting schedule.
- Mix up fun images with real images from your business.
- Use the platform to give users sneak peeks at upcoming events and product launches.
Take Advantage of Descriptions
- Descriptions below photo posts should be clear, engaging, and reinforce your brands image.
- Remember, here it’s not all about the links! Instagram isn’t for directing users off-site.
- Create firm-specific hashtags so you can collect branded photos.
- Encourage followers to include your firm’s hashtags in their relevant posts.
- Utilize trending hashtags, where appropriate, to gain more eyeballs.
Engage with Followers
- Follow back your relevant followers!
- Repost user-generated content.
- Add personal comments to relevant posts by others.
- Reward your followers with discounts codes and promotions.
Businesses & Instagram Don’ts
Post Irrelevant Photos
- Only post photos that are relevant to your firm.
- There is no industry-wide acceptable posting schedule through Instagram.
- Post regularly, but avoid filling your followers’ feeds with an influx of content.
- Stick to your schedule!
- Interacting with your followers is the best way to grow your account.