Digital marketing tactics change and evolve on a monthly or even daily basis it seems, but one thing has remained consistent for several years—content marketing. If done right, it is effective at helping businesses increase their organic search visibility through search engines. Here are just a handful of reasons why having a solid content strategy is important for eCommerce businesses:
- Content marketing costs 62 percent less than outbound marketing, but it creates more than three times as many leads.
- Site conversion rate is about six times higher for content marketing adopters.
- Annual site traffic growth is 7.8 times higher for content marketers.
- After reading their unique content, 82% of consumers have more positive feelings about a company.
Tip 1: Have a blog, maybe?When some businesses hear content marketing, they first (and sometimes only) think about a blog. While having a blog is great—82% of those who blog see a positive ROI from their efforts—they’re not right for every eCommerce business. So how do you know if one would be effective for you? Here are some things to consider:
- Is your audience expressing a need for useful information that you can deliver on a regular basis?
- Do you have a unique angle on the information you are able to offer users?
[image source: Mammoth Hunter App Page)If the answer is yes to both of these questions, then a blog could be right for you.
Tip 2: Improve product page info.Product pages are the best and easiest way to educate customers about your products, about what makes them different and why consumers need them. Chances are, though, your product pages aren’t up to par. But they can be. Besides photos, a short product description and price, the following is good to include on every product page:
- Product videos: Four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Product reviews: These consumer reviews help build trust and loyalty to your business, and 82% of U.S. adults say they usually read online reviews before purchasing a product.
- Star reviews: The star review system is big on Amazon, and like them, your customers will like easily seeing at the top of a product page that customers rate your product 4.5 out of 5 stars instead of reading through numerous customer reviews.
- Product FAQs: With these you can answer common customer questions, such as how to assemble this item, how to clean it, etc.
- Product features: In order for customers to think your product is unique and they need it, briefly list its best features.
- CTA: A thoughtfully placed call-to-action, like an “Add to cart” button near the product description and price, makes it convenient for customers to add your product to their shopping cart and allows you to direct them where you want them to go.